[Dovecot] Migrating from UW IMAP - pine - Thunderbird - squirrelmail

Israel Bravo bravo at ie.technion.ac.il
Mon Oct 22 15:16:42 EEST 2007

Hello!
    I saw your post to the mailing list
(http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-January/010968.html) where you
write "A description for pine with imap acces without entering any
password is  also discussed.", but I didn't find such description in
this post.

    Would you be so kind to point me to some source where it is
explained - currently users have to insert the password twice - when
they open the shell window and when they start Pine.

    Another question - may be you can help me: Currently we use Pine
with IMAP (dovecot); both INBOX and folder collection are saved on the
Linux server. But how to save the "saved-messages" and "sent-mail"
folders in the user's home directory on the server?

Thank you for help,