[Dovecot] quota problems - which Dovecot version ?

Albert Schweizer accountscentrum at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:27:01 EEST 2007

Hi,

I've got a little problem with Dovecot IMAP.

Everything works nice ( pam auth, ldap userdb, and so on ) BUT i need to
uses quotas and it doesn't seem to work.

I tried both ways :

1) user dovecot-ldap.conf with user_attrs, as it's shown on dovecot wiki ;
2) use the commandes "plugin {.........." in dovecot.conf

But it didn't work. Strangely, when i try to use the PLUGIN command in
dovecot.conf, the server crashes at start, "syntax error" in config....

I'm not sure if the quotas are supported in my Dovecot version :

version : 0.99.14
release : 1.EL4

I'm using an old AlphaServer ( dec ) with Centos 4.2 installed, and it's a
real mess to get yum updates. Building from sources neither worked....

Please help !!!

Regards

Y.V.