[Dovecot] POP3/IMAP newbie question

stava at telcotec.se stava at telcotec.se
Wed Oct 24 10:50:42 EEST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:39:45PM +0200, Lars Stavholm wrote:
> Is it possible to serve both POP3 and IMAP for the same
> user from the same mailbox format, e.g. the maildir format?
>
> If so, how should I configure in dovecot.conf?

Answering my own question for the possible benefit of others:

I've defined mail_location on a global level to be 'maildir:~/Mail',
making sure that I leave out the definition in the 'protocol imap',
and 'protocol pop3' sections, and everything works as expected, you
can reach your inbox through IMAP or POP3. (Dovecot rocks!)
/L