[Dovecot] few questions about 1.1*

Daniel leva at az.isten.hu
Thu Oct 25 12:42:15 EEST 2007

Hi!

I'm testing 1.1, and have some questions.
(How) Can I override the default maildir++ quota setting (I mean
quota_rule) in the userdb, so that one won't have quota at all. Right
now I'm setting a very high limit in the userdb with
quota_rule=*:storage=99G in the extra field.

Prior to 1.1 I was using 1.0 and had fs quota. I've had set up dovecot
so that the indexes were stored on another partition where there were
no fs quotas for the users. Now I'm trying to use maildir++ quota, and
wondering if there is still any use of keeping the index files on a
separate partition.

This will be maybe a bit stupid, but do I still need the quota plugin to
be loaded in the protocol {imap,pop3,lda} sections if I'm using the
above mentioned new 1.1 maildir++ quota?
Furthermore, will deliver be aware of the new quota system?

Thanks!

Daniel