[Dovecot] Segfault when opening a public folder, dovecot 1.1 beta4

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 29 22:49:34 EET 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 15:37 -0400, Adam McDougall wrote:
>   Oct 28 11:01:40 gribble dovecot: IMAP(mcdouga9): fchown(/egr/mail/shared/decs/temp.gribble.97159.dc6633e16f47011d)
>   failed: Operation not permitted
>
>   >From the name, I can't even tell what its for, what dovecot-shared might be causing it, etc.
>
> I did some hunting because I was curious (I assume you would know right away) and its from
> lib/safe-mkstemp.c which dotlock uses.

It's used for creating dovecot-acl-list. Hmm. Looks like there are now
two places where Dovecot takes permissions from: dovecot-shared file and
the directory where it exists. If you set g+s to the dir too this error
goes away. I'll have to think a bit more what I'll do about this. Maybe
dovecot-shared file just could go away and only the dir permissions
would be used.