[Dovecot] some mail accesses in dovecot 1.1 stall for a bit (in progress)

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Mon Oct 29 23:15:23 EET 2007

I noticed this in an earlier beta and took a note, and I still see it sometimes
in 1.1b4, but it is only occasional so I have not tracked down yet what dovecot
is doing.  Just a FYI for the list incase others see it and to say that its an
issue I tend to track down that I did not see in 1.0, and its been low on my
list until now.

Sometimes when I login to dovecot and read a message from an imap maildir folder,
the message contents do not load for at least 10 seconds, sometimes closer to a
minute, but after that first message loads, the rest seem fine in that mailbox.
The time seems to vary some, usually longer rather than shorter.