[Dovecot] Dovecot + Sieve

Marcin M. Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Tue Sep 4 00:19:03 EEST 2007

Hi guys.

I installed dovecot 1.0.3 with sieve plugin.
It looks like sieve is loaded fine by dovecot [1].
I set up dovecot to use sieve globally:
protocol lda {
    mail_plugins = cmusieve quota
    sieve_global_dir = /usr/local/etc/sieve/Junk
}

And created a sieve file which is supposed to move all the Spam marked by
dspam to users's Junk folder (listed as Junk in the subscriptions file) :
require ["fileinto"];
# Move spam to Junk folder
if header :contains ["X-DSPAM-Result:"] "Spam" {
        fileinto "Junk";
        # Stop here so that we do not reply on spams
        stop;
}

I also set up postfix to use pipe mail through dovecot:
mailbox_command = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver

The problem is dovecot seems to be ignoring my sieve rule and delivers emails
directly to INBOX.
Any idea how to fix that?

[1]:
deliver(user at domain.com): Sep 03 23:02:57 Info: Loading modules from
directory: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lda
deliver(user at domain.com): Sep 03 23:02:57 Info: Module
loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lda/lib10_quota_plugin.so
deliver(user at domain.com): Sep 03 23:02:57 Info: Module
loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so

Cheers,
Marcin.
--
perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),
10);'