[Dovecot] Dovecot + Sieve

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Sep 5 21:36:49 EEST 2007

Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Marcin Michal Jessa wrote:
>
> The naming of the Sieve script and the configuration variables is
> explained here:
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve
>
> Note: The change of the name of global script path.
>
> "script path" refers to a filename, not just the directory of the
> ".dovecot-sieve" file.
>
> BTW: Because the script is compiled into a byte code representation,
> everybody needs write permission to the directory of the script
> (creates .tmp file, on success renames into <<script path>>c ).
> If you force the compilation process using "sievec", no write
> permission is required, e.g.:
>
> scriptpath=<<absolute filename/path of your Sieve script>>
> /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/sievec $scriptpath ${scriptpath}c
I've tried manually compiling the script.  I now have a "sieve" and a
"sievec" in my mail folder, and the "sieve" variable in dovecot.conf
(1.0.3) is set to /var/mail/%d/%u/sieve (The filename specified should
be the script source, not the compiled version, correct?).

I receive no errors from deliver using this method - but no evidence
that the script is being followed, either.  I thought I'd start with
something simple - when that didn't work I added a global fileinto
directive - still not doing anything.  Do I need to set execute
permissions or turn off world-readable permissions on the script or
compiled version?

require ["fileinto"];
if header :contains ["From","To"] ["root at amfes.com","root at amfeslan.local"] {
  fileinto "System-Messages";