[Dovecot] imap process consuming 100% CPU (Dovecot 1.0.3)

Jackie Hunt jackie at yuma.acns.colostate.edu
Fri Sep 7 20:47:59 EEST 2007

> Hello Jackie,
>
>   Unfortunately, I am not really moving forward with that as I do not
>   have much insight into the context structure in question. I guess we
>   need to wait until Timo answers my e-mail.

Yes, haven't seen much from him lately.  Must be busy or vacation...

>   On the other hand, nice the hear I am not the only person with this
>   problem :-|

I think I've also seen these posted in the past from users.  We hadn't
experienced it until recently, just went into "production" this summer.

>   Jackie, is there a chance you could confirm my doubts by doing what
>   I did in <mid:1799018363.20070903123736 at poczta.onet.pl> and the
>   original message? This way we would be sure we are talking about the
>   same problem cause here since 'Dovecot hangs' sounds a bit generic.
>   I think the stack trace and the variable values should be enough to
>   confirm it.

Sorry, don't know about the mid: protocol.  Not sure how to get to the
reference you sent.  From your email it looks like gdb has the ability
to attach to a running process.  We have dbx which I don't believe
can do that.  It would be nice to confirm our issues are the same though.
What I'd really like is to find a way to recreate the problem.

Jackie
---
Jackie Hunt
ACNS                                    Voice:  (970) 663-3789
Colorado State University               FAX:    (970) 491-1958
Fort Collins, CO  80523                 Email:  jackie.hunt at colostate.edu