[Dovecot] auth_default_realm for different listeners

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Sep 9 04:19:16 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 15:00 -0400, John Morrissey wrote:
> We provide POP3 service for several realms, each of which has a substantial
> number of users logging in with no realm (bare username). We would like to
> use Dovecot, but I haven't been able to findout how to vary
> auth_default_realm for each listener.

Unfortunately Dovecot doesn't directly support this. With v2.0 the
configuration file will hopefully be flexible enough to allow it.

You can do this in your passdb though. For example with checkpassword or
SQL passdb you're able to check if there's @ in username and if not add
it based on the local IP address.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/User
http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/CheckPassword