[Dovecot] Courier Migration

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Sep 9 11:51:24 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 15:20 +0100, Ed W wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is it legal/sensible to use the following in the conf file
>>
>> # default namespace
>> namespace private {
>>   separator = /
>>   prefix =
>>   inbox = yes
>> }
>>
>> # for backwards compatibility:
>> namespace private {
>>   separator = .
>>   prefix = INBOX.
>>   inbox = yes
>>   hidden = yes
>> }
>>

> Because the second one is hidden, it's legal. But I don't know if there
> are compatibility problems with clients. If there are, they most likely
> go away by using the same separator with both.

Thanks for the confirmation

Actually are there any advantages in changing separator at all...? I
only wanted to get closer to the "default" config going forward, but
perhaps it's a pointless goal?

Anyone have any opinions on bugs/features/limitations in changing the
separator and namespace to the dovecot default?

Cheers

Ed W