[Dovecot] (re: B. Baca) Dovecot] Unexpected input from auth master: CUID

Jerry Yeager jerry at scene-naturally.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 10 17:45:06 EEST 2007

Branislav Baca wrote the following:

Hello,
I'm using postfix(2.4.5) and dovecot(1.0.5), and till now I have been
using postfix deliver agent. Now I have tried to reconfigure postfix to
use the dovecot LDA, but I'm getting some strange error:

Try this:

   socket listen {

     master {
       path = /path/to/run/dovecot/auth-master
       mode = 0600
       user = your_dovecot_user_name
       group = your_dovecot_user_name
     }

     client {
       path = /path/to/postfix/private/auth
       mode = 0660
       user = your_postfix_user_name
       group = your_postfix_group_name
     }

   }

protocol lda {

   postmaster_address = postmaster at tld.com

   mail_plugin_dir = /path/to/lib/dovecot/lda

   sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail   <-- this is the usual postfix
path to sendmail

   auth_socket_path = /path/to/run/dovecot/auth-master

}