[Dovecot] Running a dovecot IMAPS server

Fri Sep 21 23:47:39 EEST 2007

>> Does KMail actually work this way? This would be enough to make me
>> try it out... although my day to day WS is a windows box, so I'd most
>> likely wait until KDE4 is available on Windows...

> Offtopic to the left -- before I switched to using GMail for my
> personal mail, I used to use Sylpheed ( http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/
> ) and it stores messages in a MH format (a file-per-message design
> somewhat like Maildir) and it can import mbox files from Thunderbird.
> The client itself is very nice too, I remember really liking it a lot.
>
> Bonus: Win32 binaries are also available.

I tried it a long time ago, but it was still really buggy on Windows...

I do remember that its interface didn't seem to be nearly as polished
(being that it was GTK based).

But, like I said - with TBirds extensions capability, I really don't see
myself moving away. There are only two big things baout it I don't like:

1. No proper 'Signature Manager' (yes, I've seen and used the Signature
extensions (Signature, Signature Switch, etc), but they still require
you to manually create the sigs first. This is a *glaring* lack in my
opinion...

2. Monolithic message storage... this is still a biggie to me, but I can
live with it...

--

Best regards,

Charles