[Dovecot] recipient delimiter results in sieve errors

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 22 16:59:29 EEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 17:56 +0400, Gregory Mokhin wrote:
> > I guess it depends on what your Sieve code looks like? Or does it give
> > the same error even if your script is only "keep;"?
>
> It doesn't depend on the script. Even the simplest script "stop;" gives
> this error. I added two debug strings to cmusieve_deliver_mail in
> cmusieve-plugin.c:
..

> deliver(mok at k...): Info: cmusieve: Using mailbox: test
> deliver(mok at k...): Info: cmusieve: Using username: mok at k..
> deliver(mok at k..): Info: cmusieve: Using sieve path:
> /home/vmail/.dovecot.sieve
> deliver(mok at k..): Info: cmusieve: Executing script
> /home/vmail/.dovecot.sievec
> deliver(mok at k..): Info: sieve runtime error: Keep: Generic Error

So Sieve works normally but just not with "-m test" parameter? Or try
running deliver from command line with different parameters, when does
it fail and when does is succeed?

Although "Keep: Generic Error" sounds like Dovecot would have logged an
error message. Are you sure there were no errors? They might have been
written to different log file (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging).