[Dovecot] v1.1.beta1 released

Bill Landry bill at inetmsg.com
Sun Sep 23 19:51:05 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote the following on 9/23/2007 6:55 AM -0800:
> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/beta/dovecot-1.1.beta1.tar.gz
> http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/beta/dovecot-1.1.beta1.tar.gz.sig
>
> Alpha6 seemed to finally work quite well, so I think it's time for a
> feature freeze (except for dbox changes).
>
> I started a new wiki page to list incompatibilities between v1.0 and
> v1.1: http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading/1.1
>
> Fixes since alpha6:
>
>  - deliver + maildir caused "UID 0 in transaction log" errors
>  - deliver + maildir no longer blocks if dovecot-uidlist.lock file
> exists. The mail is simply delivered without updating uidlist or
>  - Quota handling fixes, especially dict quota
>  - etc.
Timo, I reviewed the wiki link above, but there was no mention of the
following config options no longer being recognized/supported:

Starting Dovecot Daemon: Error: Error in configuration file
/usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 275: Unknown setting: mail_read_mmaped
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
                                                           [FAILED]

Starting Dovecot Daemon: Error: Error in configuration file
/usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 283: Unknown setting: mmap_no_write
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf

I commented out "mail_read_mmaped" and "mmap_no_write" in my
dovecot.conf and Dovecot started without issue.

Bill