[Dovecot] Howto make deleted itens visible to users?

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Sun Sep 23 21:01:10 EEST 2007

Fábio M. Catunda wrote:
> Thanks for your replay Timo!
>
> What I realy would like is to have a single folder like "Deleted
> Messages" or something else where all deleted messages go to.
>
> But I imagine that its not possible couse a maildir cant have messages
> and folders inside it, right? So, if the user deletes an imap folder
> it must go to a different location than deleted messages. I'm not
> pretty sure about that, but I have been reading a bit and I belive
> that its true.
Where did you get that from?  Certainly you can.  Assuming your mail
client uses a trash can, deleting folders will move those folders (and
their messages) into the trash can as subfolders.  If you can have
/INBOX/Folder1/Folder2 - there's no difference with
/TRASH/Folder1/Folder2.  Delete behavior is specified by the client -
not the server.