[Dovecot] Password auth with Postfixadmin & MySQL

James Dehnert jdehnert at norcalnetworks.com
Tue Sep 25 23:29:38 EEST 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 11:56 AM, Gregory Mokhin wrote:

>>  From dovecot.conf..
>>
>>   # Space separated list of wanted authentication mechanisms:
>>    #   plain login digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm rpa apop anonymous gssapi
>>    # NOTE: See also disable_plaintext_auth setting.
>>    mechanisms = cram-md5 plain login
>>    #
>>

> What is your setting in dovecot-sql.conf?

[root at mail-1 dovecot]# more dovecot-mysql.conf
db_host = 127.0.0.1
db_port = 3306
db = postfix
db_user = postfix
db_passwd = postfix
db_client_flags = 0
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN
password_query = SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'
user_query = SELECT maildir, 101 AS uid, 101 AS gid FROM mailbox
WHERE username = '%u'

> #default_pass_scheme = MD5
> default_pass_scheme = PLAIN
>
> As a side note, if you plan to use TLS, then your setup will be much
> easier if you keep passwords in MySQL non-encrypted, no matter what
> postfixadmin thinks of it.

I was thinking of that.  I need to dig into the code for
postfixadmin, but I should be able to change that, however, I also
think I should be able to use this too.  I didn't think dovecot used
dovecot-mysql.conf since I didn't see a reference for it in
dovecot.conf.  I tried changing PLAIN to MD5 just before I wrote
this, but no luck there.

> Regards,
> Gregory

Thanks,
     Zeke

--
James "Zeke" Dehnert
mailto:jdehnert at norcalnetworks.com
Phone: +1 707.546.6620 x602 Fax: +1 707.324.8043
"Life is racing, everything else is just waiting"