[Dovecot] shared mailboxes question

Cory Coager ccoager at utechproducts.com
Thu Sep 27 17:53:56 EEST 2007

I'm using a virtual mailbox setup.  Lets say my users have mailboxes in
/home/vmail/domain/%u.  What I'm trying to do is setup one namespace
that points to /home/vmail/domain and contains everyones mailboxes that
I can subscribe to.  Is this possible?

I tried using a symlink to /home/vmail/domain but it doesn't work
because its looking for the dotFoldername.  The only way I could get
this to work is by creating a symlink for each folder in every mailbox.
This is way too much maintenance especially since it will dynamically
change.

The only other way I could get it working was to create a namespace for
each user and point to /home/vmail/domain/%u/Maildir/.  Then inside
everyones Maildir/ create a symlink for INBOX -> .  This works but I'd
have to do it for each user when I'd rather just use one namespace.

Is there an easier way of doing this?