[Dovecot] plugin problem

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sat Sep 29 13:49:35 EEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 12:44 +0200, Lars Stavholm wrote:
> I'm trying to do a rewrite of the dspam_plugin for dovecot 1.1b1.

Cool. I never imagined that the plugin would find such wide-spread
use :)

> How can I retrieve the full unix path for a specific mail?
>
> The original code uses mail_get_first_header() to retrieve the
> signature header. I need something like mail_get_mail_file_path(&path)
> which I then could pass on to dspam. Is there some such function
> available?

I don't think you can since mail might be stored in any kind of format
like mbox, dbox, ... Only in maildir would this be possible. You can
probably somehow get the raw text of a message though, but I don't know
off-hand, and then write it to a temporary file. In any case, I suggest
doing that only when no signature is available, and I still don't see
how you would end up with mails w/o signature at all except maybe during
conversion to a new dspam installation.

johannes