[Dovecot] plugin problem

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sat Sep 29 14:26:05 EEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 13:17 +0200, Lars Stavholm wrote:

> > Cool. I never imagined that the plugin would find such wide-spread
> > use :)
>
> Well, it's only me, don't know if anyone else uses it. Still,
> I think it's a brilliant idea. Doesn't get any more user friendly.

Some other people are doing some new stuff with it too, you might want
to search the mailing list archives. Somebody put the code into git too
and worked on some things but I haven't followed what they did since I
don't really have time right now to touch my mail setup.

> As far as I can tell from my tests, the signature's are picked up
> nicely by the dspam plugin.

Right.

> However, I'm used to a dspam setup where TrainPristine=on, and the
> retraining/reclassification requires pristine mail-sources, without
> the X-DSPAM-... stuff, including the signature.

Aha. Why are you using this? As we've discussed previously on the list,
much of the processing time dspam requires per mail is for tokenizing
the message which you completely skip by loading a pre-tokenized message
from disk when training based on the signature. Look at the "dovecot
dspam plugin using libdspam" thread from a few weeks ago.

> So, basically, I would read the mail in error, be it spam or ham,
> and pipe it to the dspam client for retraining/reclassification.
> The --user option of dspam is used to point dspam to the correct
> user (since we don't have a signature).

Now you're saying again you don't have a signature?

> BTW, I would like to keep the previous functionality with the
> dspam plugin using signatures. In order to do that I need to
> be able to set dspam plugin specific options somwhow. Any idea?

There are plugin options but I have no idea right now how to use them.

johannes