[Dovecot] shared mailboxes question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Sep 30 14:06:50 EEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 10:53 -0400, Cory Coager wrote:
> I'm using a virtual mailbox setup.  Lets say my users have mailboxes in
> /home/vmail/domain/%u.  What I'm trying to do is setup one namespace
> that points to /home/vmail/domain and contains everyones mailboxes that
> I can subscribe to.  Is this possible?

Benjamin's setup should make it possible, but that works only for the
other users' INBOXes, and you do need that kludgy setup where users'
maildirs begin with ".".

I was originally planning on making this easily possible for v1.1, but
it got delayed. v1.2 maybe will support this setup, but for now only
ugly kludges are possible.

With v1.1 you could perhaps implement this more easily if you
use :LAYOUT=fs instead of Maildir++ layout..