[Dovecot] v1.0 vs 1.1b re: Postfix and Dovecot LDA

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Sep 30 16:23:21 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 15:58 -0400, Jerry Yeager wrote:
> In running the various 1.0.n versions of Dovecot's LDA with the
> instructions in the wiki for using LDA with Postfix [on OS X 10.4]
> things went well using the instructions as-is (no setuid problems).
>
> This changed in moving over to the 1.1 beta. The LDA refused to work
> failing with the error "setgroups() failed: Operation not permitted"

If you're using only a single UID and GID there's no need to make
deliver setuid root. But I guess I've changed the code so it works a bit
differently now.

At least one thing that changed is that if mail_extra_groups is set,
deliver tries to set it. Do you have it set? I'll change the error
message so it's clearer why this happens.