[Dovecot] shared Sent and Junk folders

Tolga tolga at ozses.net
Wed Apr 2 14:01:10 EEST 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 4/2/2008 3:38 AM, Tolga wrote:
>> For some odd reason, two of my users share the same Sent and Junk
>> folders, therefore I keep getting errors about Sent folder reading
>> permissions and one user reading the other user's Junk folder. What
>> can I do about this odd problem?
>
> Do you really think anyone can even guess what might cause something
> like this based on the information given?
>
> How about some hints, like:
>
> dovecot version, platform, output of dovecot -n, and maybe even - gasp
> - some log entries given when these users are experiencing the problem...
Dovecot version is 1.0.7, on Linux gentoo, below is dovecot -n

log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
info_log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
listen: [::]
ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: mbox:/var/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/mail/folders/%u
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
    args: *
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

logs: open() failed with mbox file /var/mail/Sent: Permission denied.

Please let me know if you need anything else

> Sorry to sound harsh, but sometimes it just amazes me how people seem
> to think others will just be able to read their minds...
Not a problem at all

Regards,

--
Stay with *nix :)