[Dovecot] shared Sent and Junk folders

Tolga tolga at ozses.net
Thu Apr 3 09:51:05 EEST 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 4-2-2008 4:01 AM Tolga spake the following:
>>

>> Charles Marcus wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you really think anyone can even guess what might cause something
>>> like this based on the information given?
>>>
>>> How about some hints, like:
>>>
>>> dovecot version, platform, output of dovecot -n, and maybe even -
>>> gasp - some log entries given when these users are experiencing the
>>> problem...
>> Dovecot version is 1.0.7, on Linux gentoo, below is dovecot -n
>>
>> log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
>> info_log_path: /var/log/dovecot.log
>> listen: [::]
>> ssl_cert_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.pem
>> ssl_key_file: /etc/ssl/dovecot/server.key
>> disable_plaintext_auth: no
>> login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
>> login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
>> mail_extra_groups: mail
>> mail_location:
>> mbox:/var/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u:INDEX=/var/mail/folders/%u
> Here you need something like mbox:/var/mail/%u/ or mbox:/var/%u/mail/
> to keep all the users other mailboxes separate.
I did like you said, and now I get IMAP(tolga): open() failed with
subscription file /var/mail/tolga/.subscriptions: Not a directory. btw,
/var/mail/tolga is a file, but what I want is to have all the other
folders in /var/mail/folders/tolga. Should I modify it like
mbox:/var/mail/folders/%u/ ?

Regards,