[Dovecot] Icedove (Thunderbird) crashes when reading IMAP messages

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Apr 3 21:22:43 EEST 2008

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Cam Ellison wrote:

> This is a Debian lenny/sid installation.  Dovecot has been installed on it
> for over a year, with no problems.  Lately (i.e. the past few months), if I
> attempt to read a message, Icedove crashes.  It does not do this when I read
> a message downloaded from the ISP's POP3 server (not that I do this very
> often - almost all my mail goes through Dovecot).

Have you tried creating a new account with the same settings as the normal
Dovecot account?  Maybe Icedove/Thunderbird has corrupted some local data.

If it persists, then get a raw log from Dovecot and let's see what has to
be done from there.

-- Asheesh.

--
An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because
people refuse to see it.