[Dovecot] LDAP auth_bind hangs and times out

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 4 00:11:45 EEST 2008

No, I mean this appears to be a bug somewhere since a LDAP request is
sent, but it's never received by Dovecot. So either Dovecot does
something wrong, OpenLDAP library does something wrong or your network
blocks the reply for some reason. For example on my system:

auth(default): ldap(foo,127.0.0.1): bind search: base=...
auth(default): ldap(foo,127.0.0.1): result: uid(user)=foo

If Dovecot receives a reply to the "bind search", it logs the "result"
line, which your logs show is missing.