[Dovecot] Icedove (Thunderbird) crashes when reading IMAP messages

cam at ellisonpsychology.ca cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Fri Apr 4 01:43:15 EEST 2008

> Have you tried creating a new account with the same settings as the normal
> Dovecot account?  Maybe Icedove/Thunderbird has corrupted some local data.

I moved the entire directory out of mozilla-thunderbird, deleted the
account, and then created a new one.  Performance is now even worse.
There are few things that I can do without triggering a crash.  At the
moment I'm using Squirrelmail, since there's something wrong with KDE:
KMail now fails to start.

> If it persists, then get a raw log from Dovecot and let's see what has to
> be done from there.

Let's do that.  I need a pointer or two.  I assume that protocols = imap
is equivalent to protocol { ...imap }.  Is this correct?  I shall try it
and see what happens, but I don't want to make things worse.

Thanks

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, PhD RPsych (BC #01417)