[Dovecot] Strange dmesg messages

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Fri Apr 4 01:56:48 EEST 2008

Raphael Bittencourt S. Costa wrote:
> I moved the maildir location from Hitachi's storage to local sas disk
> and got the same erro using imaptest. Debug doesn't show any usable
> information. :-(
>
> Any ideas?

To trace your problem you need to debug kernel... as it is kernel level
crash.
Try ask for help in kernel.org  newsgroups.

from your logs:
Pid: 24319, comm: imap Tainted: P U 2.6.16.21-0.8-smp #1

this line means - kernel is "tainted":
P - A module with a Proprietary license has been loaded
U - An Unsupported module has been loaded, i.e. a module which is not supported by Novell (SuSE specific flag)

[ see: https://secure-support.novell.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/250/3582750_f.SAL_Public.html ]

Try unload propertary and unsupported modules ; then run imaptest again.