[Dovecot] outlook2007 shows frequent imap disconnect no matterwhat outlook-idle setting in dovecot.conf

Benoit Branciard Benoit.Branciard at univ-paris1.fr
Fri Apr 4 10:33:14 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> On Mar 31, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Kielbasiewicz, Peter wrote:
>>
>> I updated to the latest rev from atrpms.net which is 1.0.13 and I see
>> the same behaviour.
>> No matter if I set "imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle" or
>> "imap_client_workarounds =" I get those disconnect popups. It seems
>> that the setting has no effect.
>>
>> Is there someone who had success by applying the setting with outlook
>> 2007?
> ..
>>>
>>> dovecot: 2008-03-26 15:16:01 Info: IMAP(user): Connection closed:
>>> Connection reset by peer
>
> "Connection reset by peer" means the connection was closed by the client
> (or something in the network), not Dovecot.

Such disconnects may be due to a router or a firewall (or something like
an ADSL modem/router) which sets a timeout on idle TCP connexions
(reflexive ACL, NAT mapping...). It is frequent to have no more than 5
minutes timeout. Workaround is to force the client or the server to keep
the connexion alive by sending some packets at an interval less than 5
minutes, for example by polling new mail every 3 minutes.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.