[Dovecot] feature request: deny IP address via database

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 7 19:20:21 EEST 2008

   Hey folks.  One feature I'd really like to see in dovecot is the
ability to point it at a database (with a configurable query) and
have it allow or deny a connection based on looking up the source IP
address in that database.

   I run Postfix, and I've got it configured to use a database server
for its smtpd_client_restrictions checks.  Ideally I'd like to point
dovecot at the same database table.  I have external tools that
maintain that table.

   I was thinking of writing it myself, but I'm running 1.0.10; I'd
assume that any such modifications would need to be rewritten for
1.1.  Then I got to thinking that such functionality would likely be
useful to people other than just me, so..

   Thoughts?

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire