[Dovecot] Procmail died with Signal 11

Johannes Grimm johannes.grimm at fh-rosenheim.de
Thu Apr 10 12:23:56 EEST 2008

Hi to all out there,

i know this is not the right mailinglist for this issue, but i?m hoping
to get maybe here an answer to my problem.
i have succesfully migrated 12.000 mailboxes on a debaian with
washington imap to maildir on sles10 with dovecot.
although i had some post-converting work to do, i can say that almost
everything went fine.
but there is one problem with my LDA. When postfix is about to deliver a
lot of mail (user-db is ldap)
procmail dies with signal 11. here is the error log:

Apr  3 08:19:17 mailvirtuell postfix/local[22367]: E42EF33A96:
to=<root at fh-rosenheim.de>, relay=local, delay=17, delays=0.08/0.11/0/17,
dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with signal 11: "IFS=` `&& exec
/usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #Ja". Command output: procmail: Exceeded
LINEBUF )

I googled the whole inet for this problem and found a lot, but no
solution seems to fit my problem.
most articles point on this parameter for procmailrc "Linebuf". i found
out that the default value
is 2048k for message header reading. i doubled this value, with no effect.
but i guess that a 4kb message header space must be enough to deal with.
one hint last: starting value for ldap timeout was 10 secs. with this
value the log went crazy
like the above log-snip. i changed the timeout to 300 secs and thougt
that was the trick,
but there are still some process wich are diying after all.

i?m using postfix 2.5.1, procmail 3.22, dovecot 1.0.13, with sophos and
amavis.

i would be really grateful for any ideas.

best regards
Johannes Grimm

Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften - Fachhochschule Rosenheim

University of Applied Sciences

Rechenzentrum

Johannes Grimm

Hochschulstr.1