[Dovecot] Sieve Frustrations

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Fri Apr 11 00:12:30 EEST 2008

Jim Horner wrote:
> On Thursday 10 April 2008 02:03:56 Shawn wrote:
>
>> My personal Sieve rules are firing properly (now), so I know Sieve is
>> operational.  Just the global rule isn't being applied.
>
> This statement is slightly confusing so I will throw this out there... dovecot
> will not use the global script if a user script exists.
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve
>
>   # If there is no user-specific Sieve-script, global Sieve script is
>   # executed if set. (v1.0.1 and older used "global_script_path")
>   #sieve_global_path =
>
> Jim

Thank you.  That makes sense.  Now.  :)  But a little clarification...

Is that on a per user basis?  i.e.  If user A has personal sieve rules -
the global script is not run for that user.  But user B doesn't have any
personal rules, so the global script applies?  Or does the fact that
user A has rules negate the global script for everyone?

I'm reasonably sure this is a per user thing, as that would make the
most sense, but I just want to be sure I'm understanding things right.

Thanks for the polite kick.. :)

Shawn