[Dovecot] The CONTROL problem with fs quotas.

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Fri Apr 11 08:15:10 EEST 2008

> Using CONTROL= with "%u" will quite quickly run into the problem that
> the directory will fill up, and hit the maximum (around 32k) or so. We
> have 170k users so far, and more are being imported.
> You could cull some from crontab or similar, but is generally a poor way
> to solve a problem.

Worse, it also moved all the "subscriptions" files, so customers no
longer saw their folders, and different result in each cluster. (it'd
would have to move to a NFS volume).

Seems the only real solution is for us to patch Dovecot, or hope for
future features.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)