[Dovecot] new mail server

Allen Sim allensim81 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:17:04 EEST 2008

Hi,
the new mail server that i had set up, i locate a username:ldapuser
and password:password to the SMTP AUTH and converted to base64 string.
Then in my Thunderbird incoming server & outgoing server username, i
put: ldapuser...
and it works ok .....

But then when i try to add another username and password in the SMTP
AUTH and when i test it by telneting to localhost port 25... it said
AUTHENTICATION FAIL!!

how should i add another user???
Please advice...

Thanks