[Dovecot] A little assistance with Sieve

cam at ellisonpsychology.ca cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Fri Apr 11 17:37:28 EEST 2008

> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, cam at ellisonpsychology.ca wrote:
>
>> I have Exim, which does its usual thing, and the LDA is Dovecot (IMAPS).
>
> Dovecot does not support LMTP, hence, Dovecot IMAPS cannot be your LDA.
>
> An LDA is a program the MTA is calling to locally deliver mail. Which is
> "deliver" with Dovecot. Have you read and understood
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Exim already?
>
>> protocols = imaps managesieve lda
>
> "lda" is no protocol, but an acrynom in the chain of MTA and MSA, hence,
> remove it here and read the Wiki to enable the Dovecot LDA in exim.

That was done long ago.

My setup does not look like the Wiki, but it has worked fine.  In
update-exim4.conf.conf, dc_local_delivery is set to 'dovecot', and I use
both dovecot router and transport.  I use appendfile instead of pipe as a
driver, but otherwise it looks very similar.  One of the reasons for not
using a distinct router is to have a non-standard Mailbox location so that
I can access my email from more than one machine.

This raises a question: does the fact that Dovecot itself is the LDA
account for the fact that Sieve does not seem to work?

Thank you

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, PhD RPsych (BC #01417)