[Dovecot] keep users from deleting email

Mon Apr 14 18:12:55 EEST 2008

On 4/14/2008, Adam Williams (awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us) wrote:
> Do you mean like, Postfix's "always_bcc = awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us"
> option?  But, then I'm doubling my data.  One copy is the user's
> email, and one copy for always_bcc.  Then I have twice the data to
> back up, more CPU cycles to compress it to tape, etc...

Yep... but its the only legally recognizable way of insuring you are
actually archiving your email.

If you are archiving because you are legally *required* to do so, then I
don't think such a scheme would satisfy that requirement - but I could
be wrong.

I'm glad I'm not in a regulated industry where we *have* to archive.

--

Best regards,

Charles