[Dovecot] Dovecot-deliver lookup fails

Wouter Amsterdam wamsterdam at zesgoes.nl
Tue Apr 15 18:02:06 EEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm still trying to get Dovecot-deliver to work in my config. I have found
the problem to be in the maildir lookup for Dovecot-deliver as logged in
/var/log/maillog:

"Apr 15 16:30:34 termserv dovecot: auth(default): static(user at zesgoes.nl):
passdb doesn't support lookups, can't verify user's existence"

The thing I don't get, is that if I remove the virtual_transport
modifications in /etc/postfix/master.cf and /etc/postfix/main.cf and the
socket listen in /etc/dovecot.conf, all works well. So dovecot has no
problems looking up my users on a LDAP server as a passdb backend, but
failes when using the same passdb for dovecot-deliver. How come?

TIA,

Wouter