[Dovecot] Please help: LDAP configuration _almost_ works.

Jack McKinney jackmc at lorentz.com
Tue Apr 15 21:49:28 EEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 19:09 +0100, Wojtek Bogusz wrote:
> >> This is done with an anonymous connection,
> >
> > 	Hmmm... wish the docs mentioned that.  It means that I need to set up
> > LDAP to allow anonymous searches for the mail field.  Odd...
>
> is this true? does it mean that i should have something like this in
> /etc/ldap/sldap.conf:
> access to attr=uid,homeDirectory,uidNumber
>         by anonymous read

	I do not have this in my configuration, and dovecot does indeed use the
credential I provide to successfully query LDAP for the user based on
the (mail=%u) criteria.  However, it does not see the reply.
	The fact that it does perform the query successfully implies to me that
it does not use an anonymous connection.  Very puzzling.

--
Jack McKinney
GPG 1024D/99C6A174