[Dovecot] Expire plugin isn't working

Anders mail at flac.kalibalik.dk
Wed Apr 16 11:49:44 EEST 2008

Raphael Bittencourt S. Costa wrote:

> I followed the wiki to configured the expire plugin on dovecot-1.1rc4
> and it isn't working. No error messages on logs or on the execution of
> "dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool".

Same problem for me. The expire plugin is in fact active, as I get an
error when intentionally malforming the expire= configuration line.

After observing my install for a bit, though, I have come to the
understanding that the expire plugin never really does anything. The proxy
db is only created when the expire-tool is run at night, and never touched
during the day.

I wonder what can be done to debug this? Using the find -delete way of
removing old mail seems a bit crude, especially with regards to the index.

Regards,
Anders.