[Dovecot] Does dovecot work with OpenLDAP? (was Re: Please help: LDAP configuration _almost_ works.)

Jack McKinney jackmc at lorentz.com
Wed Apr 16 20:14:27 EEST 2008

Apr  3 08:13:21 fourier dovecot: auth(default): new auth connection:
pid=15774
Apr  3 08:13:30 fourier dovecot: auth(default): client in:
AUTH^I1^IPLAIN^Iservice=IMAP^Isecured^Ilip=x.x.x.x^Irip=y.y.y.y^Iresp=<hidden>
Apr  3 08:13:30 fourier dovecot: auth(default):
ldap(jackmc at lorentz.com,y.y.y.y): bind search: base=ou=users,
dc=lorentz,dc=com
filter=(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(mail=jackmc at lorentz.com))
Apr  3 08:16:30 fourier dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected: Inactivity:
method=PLAIN, rip=y.y.y.y, lip=x.x.x.x, TLS

	For full details, see the original email. It would appear from the
OpenLDAP logs that OpenLDAP is sending the match, but that dovecot is
not receiving it.

--
Jack McKinney
GPG 1024D/99C6A174