[Dovecot] using mysql from within a plugin

Alexander Prinsier dovecot at aphexer.mailhaven.com
Sun Apr 20 01:36:36 EEST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to access a mysql database in a plugin.

-What special compiler flags do I need? I discovered that when I don't
explicitly link lib-sql/libsql.a in, then I get an undefind symbol error
about sql_init when loading the plugin.

Shouldn't the imap process itself have sql support linked in, rather
than each plugin?

-It appears that I need to call sql_drivers_init() and
sql_drivers_register_all() before sql_init.

Again, shouldn't the imap process do this, instead of each plugin? It
should probably only be called once, so if one plugin already does it,
then the second one will create problems.

-When linking libsql.a in, and calling the functions mentioned above,
then I get this error when starting dovecot:

undefined symbol: mysql_ssl_set

I'm guessing it's part of the mysql library itself, not dovecot.

Can someone give me some hints on how to use dovecot's mysql library in
a plugin?

Thanks,

Alexander