[Dovecot] antispam plugin ehancement

Hugo Monteiro hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Mon Apr 21 13:49:23 EEST 2008

ML wrote:
> I'm not a developper so I can't do it by myself, but I wonder if it
> could be possible to use tagSpam and tagNospam DSPAM feature to ehance
> user's dspam lerning experience. I even don't know if this must be
> done by DSPAM itself or by dovecot, but let me explain :
>
> The feature would be done by a signature replacement into tagSpam and
> tagNospam text, so the user would simply have to click on the link at
> end of the mail to learn DSPAM :
>
> # dspam.conf
> tagSpam on
> tagNonspam on
>
> # msgtag.spam
> If this message was classified SPAM by mistake, please click here :
> http://example.com/dspam-retrain.cgi?sig={DSPAM_SIG}
>
> # msgtag.nonspam
> If this message should have been classified SPAM, please click here :
> http://example.com/dspam-retrain.cgi?sig={DSPAM_SIG}
>
> I think a click is easier and faster than a forward, what do you think
> of such an implementation ?
>
> Regards,
> David.

If you're using IMAP, you don't need to forward. With the right setup
you only have to move messages around from/to the IMAP server Spam folder.

If you're using POP, then usually that means forwarding messages. But
there are already some plugins/extensions that provide simple Spam/Not
Spam buttons, both for M$ Outlook and Thunderbird.

Never the less, it would be a nice idea, but i think you're forgetting
the technicalities.  I assume that such http submission would be
authenticated. Do you want to nag your users constantly with
authentication popups, and windows opening, so they can retrain?

Two possibilities for Outlook & Thunderbird are discussed here, on the
last paragraph.
http://hmonteiro.net/howtos:qmail:qmail_plus_dspam#retraining_with_email_forwarding

Cheers,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt	      apoio at fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _