[Dovecot] Compiling with SSL

Jerry Yeager jerry at scene-naturally.dyndns.org
Tue Apr 22 17:40:12 EEST 2008

On Apr 22, 2008, at 5:00 AM, dovecot-request at dovecot.org wrote:

(stuff cut out)

Assuming that you have openssl installed and it is running okay, you
can usually get this option included by using the LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
For example:

CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include/openssl' LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/
usr/local/lib' \
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local \
--with-ssl=openssl \
--with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local \

with the paths modified for your installation.

HTH,

Jerry

> I have Dovecot 1.0.9 running right now and I'm looking to upgrade
> but at
> the same time re-compile with SSL support. Dovecot's been working
> great
> for me so far. When I try to compile I keep getting this at the end:
>
> Building with SSL support ........... : no
> Building with IPv6 support .......... : yes
> Building with pop3 server ........... : yes
>
> This is what my configure line looks like:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/dovecot --with-pop3d --with-
> ssl=openssl
> --with-ssldir=/usr/local/vps/sharedssl/openssl --with-passwd-file
>
> Am I not doing something right? Am I reading the configuration setup
> wrong? Any help would be great!
>
> Thanks.

snip