[Dovecot] Dovecot + iPhone

Dean Brooks dean at iglou.com
Wed Apr 23 19:47:10 EEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:59:29AM -0400, Tim Riley wrote:
> I want to start out by saying that Dovecot works 100% when viewing/moving
> mail (on our company mail server that I maintain) via Outlook Express and/or
> Windows Mail.
>
> I'm having issues with moving mail via my iPhone.
>
> If I move a message from my Inbox to another folder, the mail gets
> COPIED...not moved. So it exists in my Inbox as well as the folder I moved
> it to.
>
> When I test on my iPhone to Yahoo's mail server, the moved process works
> 100%.

The iPhone does not expunge messages marked for deletion.  If you
are seeing the message still in your inbox, but with the \Deleted flag
set, that is completely normal and is a feature/failure of the iPhone.

It may be that Yahoo's mail servers automatically do an expunge upon
disconnect even if not requested by the client.

If you aren't seeing the \Deleted flag on the Inbox copy, then there
may be some other issue at work, but it all works fine with our
installation of 1.1rc4.

--
Dean Brooks
dean at iglou.com