[Dovecot] Dovecot + iPhone

Dean Brooks dean at iglou.com
Thu Apr 24 00:14:44 EEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 01:45:03PM -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> on 4-23-2008 1:04 PM Tim Riley spake the following:
> >I viewed the message left in the inbox and it does contain X-Status: D. So
> >the flag is set.
> >
> >I'll call Apple tech support and see if there's a way to get the iPhone's
> >mail client to expunge mail.
> >
> >I'm still interested in seeing if there's a plugin for Dovecot to expunge
> >mail.....so if anyone out there knows of one....I would really appreciate
> >some direction.
> >
> >Thanks for the help!
> >
> Microsoft's Outlook is similar in that it doesn't call an expunge
> automatically. Does the iPhone client have an expunge setting or a hidden
> button somewhere?

There is a setting under Advanced options on the iPhone where you can
"Delete messages after XX days", but the lowest you can set it to
is "1 day".  I have no idea why there isn't an "Immediately" option.

I'm also unsure if that is actually the expunge action, or if the phone
is doing some sort of manual move to the Trash folder instead after
that period of time.

--
Dean Brooks
dean at iglou.com