[Dovecot] disconnect error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 24 15:52:14 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 12:54 +0200, ML wrote:
> Looking at dovecot logs I discover that, each time the error shows up
> for him, I have this :
>
> dovecot: pop3[95137]: Info: user=<dan at userdomain.com> Disconnected
> top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/4, size=127101

Looks like I changed IMAP's disconnection reason, but forgot to change
POP3's. You could apply this patch to get a better reason:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/rev/e45d659a814b

But it most likely just changes the reason to "Connection closed", which
means the connection got disconnected outside Dovecot (by remote client,
some router in the middle or by your server's kernel due to some
timeout).

> dovecot: pop3[94777]: Info: user=<dan at userdomain.com> Disconnected:
> Logged out top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/3, size=67947

"Logged out" means that client logged out normally using QUIT command.