[Dovecot] Mixing LDAP and static

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 24 17:12:20 EEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 15:57 +0200, Anders wrote:
> There still is one issue left, though. Using the same attribute for
> several variables:
>
>   user_attrs = uid=home=/home/%$,uid=sieve_dir=/var/sieves/%$
>
> With this, the home variable is lost.

That would require a bit larger changes than I'd want to do for v1.1, so
maybe later.. I guess some day the entire configuration could be changed
to something like:

user_attrs {
  home = /home/$uid
  sieve_dir = /var/sieves/$uid
  mail = $domainDirectory/$uid
}

But anyway, can't you now just change user to "uid" with pass_attrs:

pass_attrs = uid=user, ..etc..

And then use:

user_attrs = =home=/home/%u,=sieve_dir=/var/sieves/%u

(or the same things added to plugin {} section)