[Dovecot] sieve doesn't sift yet

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun Apr 27 21:40:02 EEST 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:02:53 +0300, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> mail_debug inside protocol lda {} does actually nothing, but dovecot -n
> showed you had it set outside as well.

Fixed.

> It should give enough useful output to find out the problem.

> Nothing at all? It should always log something there. Make sure it has
> write permissions (like temporarily chmod a+w).

OK, I relaxed the permissions. The file is still zero bytes:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  54158 Apr 27 20:37 /var/log/dovecot
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel      0 Apr 27 20:15 /var/log/dovecot-deliver

Logging to /var/log/dovecot works fine. Something is must still be missing
with deliver. But what?

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam