[Dovecot] sieve doesn't sift yet

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Mon Apr 28 19:09:04 EEST 2008

cbrace wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Most likely deliver is never even run then.
>>

> Do I need to add an entry to Postfix's main.conf? Something like this?
>
> dovecot unix - n n - - pipe flags=DRhu user=mail
> argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/mail/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

(I know you meant to master.cf).

if you enable extensions in postfix, you can replace -d ${recipient} with
    -d ${user}@${nexthop} -n -m ${extension}
with recent postfix, you can use ${domain} instead of ${nexthop}. see
pipe manpage.

now this only defines a dovecot transport. you still need to use it for
delivery. how to do this depends on domain classes (local or virtual).
for example, to use it for virtual delivery, just run
# postconf -e virtual_transport=dovecot

or you can manually edit main.cf but make sure to remove or comment out
a "duplicate" setting (last setting wins).