[Dovecot] reason to switch to 1.1

Chris Laif chris.laif at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:54:05 EEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Cor Bosman <cor at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Just in case I understand you wrong: You're serving 20k concurrent
>  > users with 1 (one) server?
>
>  Wait, I think I misunderstood you. We do not have just 1 imap server.
>  We have 30 imap servers (a little overdimensioned at this time).
>  I was just showing the graph of one of them. The others look similar.

Thanks for the info.

I conclude that it is no problem to serve about 1000 concurrent users
per server (with dovecot 1.1 probably even lots more!).

Unfortunately I cannot compare this with our setup as we do not have
dedicated NFS-boxes (Netapp). Our servers have to do local hard disk
IO as well. I think this probably decreases performance (?).

Chris